When you have a problem with your foot or ankle that needs medical attention, who should you go to for treatment? Does it make a difference?

The American Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Society (AOFAS) helps patients understand what makes a medical doctor trained in orthopedic foot and ankle surgery different than a podiatrist that specializes in foot and ankle disorders.

About Foot and Ankle Orthopaedic Surgeons

Foot and Ankle Orthopaedic Surgeons are medical doctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of injuries, diseases, and other conditions of the foot and ankle. Their comprehensive education and training include four years of medical school, five years of residency training in orthopaedic surgery, and a one-year or two-year fellowship focused on foot and ankle care. No other healthcare provider has the depth and breadth of experience to treat the full spectrum of foot and ankle conditions.

Foot and Ankle Orthopaedic Surgeons area of focus includes treatment of such conditions as Achilles tendon tears, ankle replacement, bunions, flat feet, plantar fasciitis, heel spurs, Morton’s neuroma, hammer toe, and stress fractures.

Contact Us for Foot and Ankle Surgery

If you have a foot or ankle disorder, our specially trained foot and ankle orthopedic surgeon can help restore your quality of life. Contact us today for a consultation at 602.952.8111.

Podiatrist vs. Orthopedist

For Questions or Appointments, Call 602.952.8111